Some of you know but some of you don't so I thought I would use the blog to share the latest news. Last week I got a phone call from my Mom and they found a spot on one of her kidneys. She had another CT scan on Monday and then went to the Dr. today. The results are not so great...the spot is some sort of tumor and according to the Dr.'s must be removed. It is approximately 2 inches long and it could be cancerous...result instead of a biopsy or removing part of the kidney to get the tumor they will be removing the entire kidney. Completely scary!
We are waiting on two more tests this coming week and then a surgery date will be scheduled. The surgery will be done via Laparoscopy so it won't be invasive and will only require a couple of days in the hospital.
Michael is leaving for Texas on Sunday (unless IKE has other plans for him) and once we have a surgery date I will be making my arrangements for flying to FL. I will keep everyone posted on what's going on. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. Thanks to each of you for being my friend and part of my DC family! I love you all!

6 comments:
Our thoughts are with you friend!
Wishing you and your family the best Cat...you'll be in my thoughts
I will have you and your family in my prayers friend.
Tell your mom that we're thinking of her... and you too, of course.
Love you.
Sorry to hear this news, dear. I'll be thinking about you and mama seville...let her know she's missed on U ST!
Thanks to all of you for your comments and wishes...I will have to print this out for Mom and take it with me whenever I head to FL. First and foremost I don't want her to know the blog address and secondly I'm not sure she knows what one is but is liable to figure it out. Should know something on Friday as to when the surgery is.
I love all of you!
Post a Comment