
As seen here the aftermath of the Manhole Fire Monday night. Clifton is still closed and the light is still out; crossing the street in the morning you are surely putting your life in the hands of those who don't know what a 4 way stop sign is...seriously do we need to have driving 101 lessons in DC? At this point there doesn't seem to be a projected end to how long it will take to clean up the mess. I hope the poor soul who's SUV was torched by this so called "Faulty Underground Cable" had good insurance.
So with all the being said how does one have a "Faulty Underground Cable" that causes a fire with enough force to blow manhole covers and torch cars...you better believe I will be avoiding manhole covers when I walk down the street. I am sure there was a reason for this and probably one that could have been prevented; it is after all PEPCO that we are dealing with.
Word to the wise avoid manhole covers and if you are planning on driving to movie night tonight you might have an issue parking near the house...take the bus or take a cab.

2 comments:
Let's not forget the giant fire in Mt P near our old place that caused a huge traffic snafu on 16th Street -- and the poor folks whose apartments are gone forever.
Wow, you guys have lots of adventures there. Glad everyone is okay
Post a Comment